HomeLas VegasPreviousNext

California Club

Open: 1946   Closed: 1970

101 E. Fremont

Became Friendly Club

The California Club operated from 1946 to 1970. Phil Long took over operation of the casino located at the corner of First and Fremont Street in Downtown Las Vegas, Nevada, 1958.  The locals casino catered to local gamblers. It was owned and operated by Phil Long and partner George Milford and was a casino only without any hotel rooms. The California Club was sold to Steve Wynn in 1973. The California Club was combined into the Golden Nugget shortly after the purchase by Wynn.

ID # N0783 N0774 N7436 N7436 (back)
Yr Manuf 1950s 1951 1951  
Rarity R5 Scarce 76-150 R5 Scarce 76-150 R5 Very Scarce 76-150  
Edition 3rd 3rd 3rd  
ID # E0160.C N1407 N1395 N1394
Yr Manuf 1950s 1952 1955 1957
Rarity   R7 Rare 31-75 R4 Scarce 151-350 R3 Fairly Common 351-750
Edition 6th 4th 1st 3rd
ID # N1393 N1408 N1401 N1411
Yr Manuf 1950s 1961 1961 1962
Rarity R4 Scarce 151-350 R2 Common 751-2000 R3 Fairly Common 351-750 R3 Fairly Common 351-750
Edition 4th 7th 7th 7th
 
ID # N1409 N3708 N1396  
Yr Manuf 1963 1967 1960s  
Rarity R3 Fairly Common 351-750 R4 Scarce 151-350 R3 Fairly Common 351-750  
Edition 7th 7th 7th  
 
ID # V3822 V3822 (back) N6009  
Yr Manuf 1960s   1960s  
Rarity R5 Very Scarce 76-150   R5 Very Scarce 76-150  
Edition 8th   8th